Wednesday, April 10, 2013

9 April 2013


Hey Mum and Whanau,Hope you are all well.  I'm doing good.  This past week has been very busy but spiritually rewarding. We've had Temple day, Zone conference, Temple tour day, Zone leader Council and today is P-Day where we are doing some Zone training too.  It's been great and health wise I'm doing good.Well, we found out about transfers today and sadly,  I'm getting transferred.   I really thought that I was going to finish out my mission in this area, but the Lord needs me elsewhere so I will go where He wants me to go.  I'm not sure if I will be Zone leader in my new area as yet.Well, the good news is that I got my package.  Thank you so much. It was funny because we had ZLC(zone leader council) on Monday, so after the meeting we caught a ride to the Mission office with the AP's because we had to grab a DVD from the office for our zone training on P-Day.  Anyway, while we were waiting for the DVD, the mail man walked into the office and he asked, "Is there a Sir Elder Chadderton here?" PRESENT!  I heard my name and walked over and literally grabbed the package straight away because I knew what it was and I was a little bit excited.  (good timing on my part being at the office).  Anyway, the office Elder's tried to take it off me because they said that I couldn't have it until transfer day.  Aye? That wasn't going to happen because I wasn't giving it up to no one.  Hehe!  Upon opening it I found that all the chocolates had melted because of the heat.  I'm kinda glad I didn't give it up to the office Elders because the chocolates could have been worse by the time I did get it so,  when we got home I chucked everything in the freezer then we went back out to work and taught some great lessons.  We had dinner at Bishop's home and when we got home later that night we had a feed of CHOCOLATE!  Mate, I couldn't handle it aye!  Because we don't have a lot of sweets here, eating rich NZ chocolate in one go gave me a bad stomach ache. Haha!  Dahan, dahan din pag may time Elder Chadz!Other good news included learning so much at our Zone Conference.  Stuff like having Christ like attributes, studying and staying with ones companion.  It was really nice and unlike Sister Chadderton, we had a good feed afterwards.  Loved it!Yesterday, we had ZLC and it was good. We discussed some of the issues in the mission then watched  a talk by Elder Holland and he is the man.  If you want to be chastised as a missionary then that is the right talk to watch.  It was great because he talked about why PMG came about and why the lessons changed.  He also talked about some of the weaknesses of missionaries and how to overcome them. Towards the end of his talk he gave the, "DO YOU LOVE ME" talk where he explains about the story of the apostle Peter after Christ died and how Christ questioned Peter three times if he loved him more than his worldly things. Amazing talk.Well, I'm still a bit sad that I'm getting transferred but I know the Lord knows what is best for me so I am remaining positive.Thanks for everything family. I love you ALL heaps and heaps.  Dad, I'm a bit short on time but I want you to know that I love you heaps.  Thanks again whanau.Oh, yes, I received my flight details and sadly dad, I won't be arriving home on your birthday as I had originally thought because I don't  leave the Philippines until 12:30 p.m. on May 22nd (your birthday) where I have a  two hour flight to Hong Kong and then another 10 hour flight to the Auckland International Airport (home) which means I arrive on May 23rd!  Woohoo!  It's all good.Elder Chadderton

No comments:

Post a Comment