Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2 April 2013


Hey Mum and Whanau,

Thanks again for the emails and the pictures, it has been a good week and super hot, but the work continues to go forward.   I can't believe it's April already!  Thanks for putting the birthday package together Mum and Dad.  Hopefully, I'll get it on transfer day which is on April 10.  I am just looking at the calendar and I know these next few weeks are going to pass by super fast, but I hope not too fast.  I only have a short number of days left in the Pines to do all the good that I can. 

Well, it was our Temple day today and it was great because I felt like all my worries left me when I was there and my mind was so clear.  I was thinking on what I would do when I come home. I had some good thoughts come to me so will write them down and plan it out a little more.  Hopefully, I will hit the ground running when I get home.  

Anyway, one good experience that we had this week was to do with a less active member who knocked on our door while we were studying.  She had offered to work with us as a fellow-shipper so we invited her to come by at 2:00 p.m. where she would come with us to an appointment with one of our investigators.   We had a great lesson and the spirit that the member brought to the lesson - despite her being less active was amazing.  Our investigator was so grateful for the lesson.  Fortunately, we were able to visit a lot of our less actives this week and really find out what it is that they specifically need.  It's been great!

We received our April calendar today and we have a Fireside with Elder Ardern this month so I am looking forward to that.  It'll be good to see another familiar face from home. 

We have a busy week ahead of us because despite having Temple day today, we have Zone conference tomorrow and on Saturday we have Temple tour day.  Monday we have Zone Leader training and P-Day will be on Tuesday as we have transfers on Wednesday and Saturday and Sunday will be General Conference.   Hey, and then the following Tuesday it's my 21st birthday!  We have an appointment set up for that day and I learnt that one of our recent convert families has a son whose birthday is on the same day as mine so they have invited us over for dinner on the Saturday.  Cool aye!  And before you know it, Mum, I'll be calling home for, "Mother's Day!" 

Noon bago lang ako sa mission binahagi ko sa inyo about sa kahalagahan ng ating pagtitiis hanggan wakas.  Ngayon nanaranasan ko na kung gaano yun mahalaga.  Matatapos ko na ung mission ko at nararamdaman ko na parang gusto ko tumigil na gusto ko sana magpahinga, pero di ko talaga pwedeng gawin yun dahil narerealise ko na hindi ito ung time ko na hindi ito para lang sa akin pero naglilingkod ako para sa diyos.  Para tulungan ang kanyang mga anak makabalik sa kanya. instrumento lang ako sa kamay ng diyos at tulad ng lahat ng mga instrumento, minsan, kailangan ko din ng 'tuning'. hondo pwedeng mag 'give up' hindi pwedeng mag 'quit'. kailangan ko magtiis hanggang sa wakas.  At kahit dumating ung wakas alam ko meron pa akong magagawa pag uwi ko.  Gagamitin pa ako ng diyos para maisakatuparan ung mga gawain niya. 

I love this work and while it hasn't been easy it has been worth it.  I love you all.

Elder Chadderton


No comments:

Post a Comment