Monday, May 13, 2013

13 May 2013


Hey Mum and Whanau,

This may possibly be my last or second to last email to you from the mission field.  Thanks again for the emails and pictures, you guys look awesome.  My week has been good and it was just this last week that I realized how close I am to finishing. 

Well family, the mission is coming to an end and because of that, last Friday we had to go to an Employment workshop which is held specifically for those missionaries returning home.  During the workshop we learnt how to write a resume,  write a 30 second, "Me" statement and a strong power statement about myself.  It was really good and I seem to remember doing something similar to this at school in Aussie.  It was great being in the room with all the other missionaries that came into the mission field with me.  I loved talking with them and learning about their plans for when they go home.  It hit me once again that in less than two weeks it will all be over.  It made me think that the mission that I have looked forward to serving all my life since I was a kid is now almost over.   I've served my two years and done it to the best of my ability and now I have to sort out a list of what I am going to do when I come home.  I know things will work out. 

This past week we were able to find a lot more of the members and less actives in our area.  Elder Merrill is doing good and getting the hang of everything.  His language is coming along well, he's really improved in teaching the lesson's to the needs of the investigator and he's doing great.   He's finding it a little hard having his first two companions returning home but at least he will know what to do when we leave.  Hehe!

So we were supposed to have two baptisms this week but once again we've had to delay them because they're not quite ready.  They understand what they need to do and it gives them more time to prepare and get ready for one of the best decisions of their lives. 

Well, it was great to talk to you guys yesterday and it's unreal to think that this time next week I will be in my last days in the field.  Crazy!   So, for our schedule next Monday, Elder Barba and I will get picked up around 6:00 p.m. by one of the couple missionaries assigned to this area and they will take us to the Mission President's home where we will stay for the next two days.  On Tuesday we will have what is called, "exit day" where we will visit some historical sites here in Manila and then have a workshop, eat and then relax.  On Wednesday we will be dropped off at the airport.  But for now, I've just got to keep working hard and not give up.  I will try and call you when I get to Hong Kong before I board my flight home.  I'll take heaps of pictures in my last week and try to pick up a few things to bring home so I can remember the Philippines.  It will be awesome.

Magtiis hanggang wakas.  Taglish na tayo hane. Na realize ko na, na matagal na hindi ako nag email sa inyo sa tagalog.  At dahil ito po ung pinaka huli kong email sa inyo magtatagalog nalang ako sa inyo.  Sa ngayon po labing dalawang buwan na ako sa bansang ito.  At nakapagmisyon na ako ng 24 months. napakaswerte ko dahil nakakapaglingkod pa ako dito nang higit 24months sa pilipinas. Ang dami kong natutunan dito sa misyon na di ko makakalimut. di ko talaga alam kung anung balak ko paguwi pero alam ko magbibigay ang Diyos ng lahat ng pangangailangan ko sa buhay at tutulungan niya ako sa lahat. ako po ay naglingkod ng marangal, masipag, masigasig at binigay ko ang lahat ng kakayahan ko. ito po ung gawain ng Diyos at mamimiss ko ito.  Excited ako para makita ko ang inyong mga maganda at kagwapong mukha. siyam na araw na lang.  Kailangan ko ng inyong mga panalangin, inyong pananampalataya para gabayan ako sa aking paguwi.   Mahal ko kayo lahat.  Makikita nalang tayo sa May 23.  Ingat kayo lage.

Elder Chadderton   


No comments:

Post a Comment